Please note this EDL flashing kit for slates is supplied with a BDX insulation collar and a BFX underfelt collar.
Slate flashings for profiles up to 8mm thick – EDL
VELUX provide a range of flashing options to suit your roof material.
• For standard installation heights install the brackets at the top and bottom of the frame at the red line level.
• Flashings for installing one roof window into slate up to 8mm thick.
• Not for interlocking slate.
• Roof pitch between 15 and 90°.
• 10 year guarantee.
Insulation collar – BDX
• Insulates around the roof window frame, reducing heat loss and eliminating cold bridges.
• Makes insulating and installing the window a simple process.
• Click fittings ensure a fast and accurate assembly.
• Comes with an underfelt collar – BFX.
Underfelt collar – BFX
• Ensures a weather-tight seal between the roof window and the roof.
• Pleated material ensures a flexible and tight seal to the underfelt of the roof, whatever it’s construction.
• Made from diffusion open material to minimise the risk of condensation.
• Comes with transverse drainage gutter to lead water away from the head of the window if a tile or slate is broken above the window.
• Welded corners ensure a watertight and simple installation.
• VELUX flashings integrate with the roof covering to provide a weathertight finish around the window.
• They are compatible with virtually any type of roofing material, from standard covers such as slate and tiles through to corrugated sheeting or even thatch.
• Flashings are designed to sit under the roofing materials.
• The water from the roof is then collected in the built-in guttering system.
• The gutter overlaps a second section of the flashing to help the water flow smoothly down the side of the window.